- CLASS in session, Gainesville non-profit coaches young women on how to be entrepreneurson April 12, 2021 at 1:18 am
Tasia McCleod founded CLASS Inc. to teach ladies between ages 8 and 18 entrepreneurial skills like budgeting, critical thinking, public speaking ...
- Your USPTO: News Flash – A Triumph of Insighton April 12, 2021 at 12:56 am
March Women's Entrepreneurship Symposium series inspired and educated a growing inventor demographic. A line from a Carly Simon song says ...
- This woman entrepreneur gave an eco-friendly, millennial spin to a winter wear business started ...on April 12, 2021 at 12:45 am
“Entrepreneur is a very recent term. I always knew I was going to take the business forward. It was never so much about becoming an entrepreneur as ...
- Mustak Ahmmed Shanto is a World-Class Educational Entrepreneur, Doctor and Musical Artist.on April 12, 2021 at 12:11 am
Mustak Ahmmed Shanto is a well-known Bangladeshi Musical Artist, Doctor, Educational entrepreneur, Businessman, Consultant, educator, and ...
- Deliveroo float shows London stock market 'is scared of entrepreneurs'on April 11, 2021 at 11:04 pm
... into the disastrous flotation of Deliveroo by claiming that the London stock market does not like the uncertainty that comes with entrepreneurship.
- SK Innovation shares rise 16.8% after $1.8 billion battery settlementon April 12, 2021 at 12:22 am
SEOUL (Reuters) - Shares of SK Innovation Co rose 16.8% while LG Chem Ltd shares rose 4.1% on Monday, after the South Korean battery makers ...
- North Sea Transition Deal lays foundation for innovation investmenton April 11, 2021 at 11:02 pm
As UN special envoy on climate action and finance Mark Carney put it in his recent Reith Lecture, “We won't get to net zero without innovation and ...
- COVID-19 has Sparked a New Wave of Innovation Across Consumer Industries, According to ...on April 11, 2021 at 10:52 pm
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way people live, work and socialize, accelerating demand for innovation, ...
- Law firms' cost focus will drive financial innovation in the sectoron April 11, 2021 at 10:52 pm
And that means lawyers stepping outside their comfort zone and finding innovative solutions to the cash flow problems they and their clients face today ...
- A drought resilience adoption and innovation hub for Southern New South Waleson April 11, 2021 at 10:41 pm
The Hub lead, Charles Sturt University, will also oversee the co-design with farmers and communities of innovative projects to ensure they deliver what ...
- Fujitsu and Trend Micro Join Forces to Protect Private 5G Networks | News | Safetyon April 11, 2021 at 7:07 pm
This demo shows how Trend Micro's solution protects smart factories from insider threats, such as rogue or malware-infected devices, as well as ...
- Manual External Defibrillator Market 2026 – Competitive Analysis & COVID-19 Impact Analysison April 11, 2021 at 2:37 pm
This research will assist both new entrants in the Manual External ... and the challenges for market growth, market opportunities and threats encountered by key ... The development plans for your business supported the value of the ...
- The Team from Grab The Axe Meets with US Senator Mark Kelly's Senior Advisor Carmen Friason April 9, 2021 at 7:07 pm
... the massive increase in cyber attacks since the start of the pandemic. ... firm that strives to protect businesses from internal and external threats.
- Ransomware: The internet's biggest security crisis is getting worse. We need a way outon April 11, 2021 at 9:56 pm
But every ransom paid rewards the cyber criminals and sends a signal to others that there's profit to be made. Making it illegal for companies to pay ...
- Dark Web Intelligence Market is Booming Worldwide with Sixgill, Proofpoint, Verisignon April 11, 2021 at 8:03 pm
A new business intelligence report released by Advance Market Analytics with title Global Dark Web ... the emerging cyber threat to an organization.
- Tag: Pilosioon April 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Business strategies of the key players and the new entering market industries ... discover better opportunities, and help all your organization's primary ... For making informed decisions in the businesses, it offers analytical data with ...
- Cyber Threat Hunting Services Market 2021- Key Strategy, Revenue, Opportunity and Key Trends ...on April 11, 2021 at 5:03 pm
The Global Cyber Threat Hunting Services Market Report recently published by Infinity Business Insights is a professional and in-depth study on the ...
- Iran announces blackout at nuclear facility, possible Israeli cyber attackon April 11, 2021 at 4:47 pm
The head of Iran's atomic energy organization Ali Akbar Salehi said the incident in the facility in Natanz "was an act of terrorism." He did not say who ...
Dark Reading: Insider Threats Dark Reading: Connecting the Information and Security Community
- US Tech Dominance Rides on Securing Intellectual Propertyby Joe Payne President and CEO at Code42 on April 2, 2021 at 2:00 pm
A recent, mostly overlooked pardon points to a big problem in the US tech industry: Intellectual property offers a lucrative golden ticket for insiders.
- Enterprises Remain Riddled With Overprivileged Users -- and Attackers Know Itby Robert Lemos Contributing Writer on April 1, 2021 at 10:40 pm
Attackers commonly focus on finding users with too much privileged access as their ticket to network compromise. What can companies do?
- Russian Man Pleads Guilty in Thwarted Tesla Hackby Dark Reading Staff on March 19, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Egor Kriuchkov will be sentenced in May on conspiracy charge
- Zero Trust in the Real Worldby Jerry W. Chapman engineering fellow at Optiv Security on February 10, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Those who are committed to adopting the concept have the opportunity to make a larger business case for it across the organization, working with executive leaders to implement a zero-trust framework across the entire enterprise.
- Multivector Attacks Demand Security Controls at the Messaging Levelby Otavio Freire CTO & President, SafeGuard Cyber on February 10, 2021 at 3:00 pm
As a Google-identified attack reveals, security teams need to look beyond VPNs and network infrastructure to the channels where social engineering takes place.
- Feed has no items.
Every business has to deal with threats to their business, but an insider threat is something many take for granted. Sometimes the threat is really from inside…
The definition of an Insider Threat is
An insider threat is a malicious threat to an organization that comes from people within the organization, such as employees, former employees, contractors or business associates, who have inside information concerning the organization’s security practices, data and computer systems.
Oblivious Insider. This insider threat takes after its namesake, and it’s a top cause for data breaches in today’s world. These insiders have important access to company files, and they’ve been compromised from the outside without knowing. This most likely came to be when they clicked on a malicious phishing email that granted the criminal access.
Negligent Insider. These employees are most vulnerable to phishing emails. Due to lack of security education, or simply their interest in bypassing workplace protocol to meet efficiency, these individuals are a top threat to data loss.
Malicious Insider. This is where the insider crosses the line, and data loss becomes intentional. They seek to delete important company information, and inflict financial harm in some way. Luckily, there are several behavioral trends that fellow employees and managers can watch out for to ping these insiders.
In an article from May 2016, the Wall Street Journal referenced a Deloitte “Dbriefs” report in which they present some alarming numbers on corporate malicious activity by trusted insiders:
• 92 percent of insider threat cases were preceded by a negative work event, such as a termination, demotion or dispute with a supervisor.
• 97 percent of insider threat cases studied by Stanford University involved an employee whose behavior a supervisor had flagged, but that the organization had failed to follow up on.
• 25 percent of employees have used email to exfiltrate sensitive data from an organization.
How pervasive is the insider threat in your company?
“The Dtex 2018 Threat Report serves to bring to the forefront those areas where companies, and that is every company, big or small, can invest their resources to bring down the threat posed by their trusted insiders.”
Clearly, visibility on the need to focus on basic cybersecurity 101 is required. Richard Stiennon, IT-Harvest Chief Research Analyst and Charles Stuart University Lecturer, tells us, “Business needs to get out of the cybersecurity denial phase it is stuck in. To do this, it must accept that it needs more visibility into what’s going on in its environment.”
DTex Systems “THE 2018 INSIDER THREAT INTELLIGENCE REPORT”
- Focus on deterrence, not detection. In other words, create a culture that deters any aberrant behavior so that those who continue to practice that behavior stand out from the “noise” of normal business and the limited investigative resources that you have can be focused on them.
- Know your people, know who your weak links are and who would be most likely to be a threat.
- Use your HR data to narrow down threats rather than looking for a needle in stack of needles.
- Identify information that is most likely to be valuable to someone else and protect it to a greater degree than the rest of your information.
- Monitor ingress and egress points for information (USB ports, printers, network boundaries).
Baseline normal activity and look for anomalies.